Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mixed emotions about a fight between my car and a pole.

So here I sit feeling like in the first time in a while I have something worth blogging about. I was going to go write in my journal but I feel it is a commical yet sad situation that should be shared. Plus I need to write this down now so that I have something to reflect on, so I can laugh about it when feeling gloomy after a day of driving around in a broken car. So tonight was a night that me and my car were not on the same page. It decided to run away from me and heres my story of how it happened...
So I went to dinner with a few friends tonight. A friendly get together to catch up. After all was said and done, I was in my car getting ready to pull away. Then I realized that I had left my phone inside Applebees so I got out of my car and ran inside. Got it and came back out. Then I was like, "Where the hell is my car, it was right here." I look up to see that my little blue car is sitting an isle over from where I left it and I was like, "thats wierd." I just starred at it for a second trying to figure out how it moved. THHHEEENNN I realize its moving! Away from meeee!!! So I start sprinting. This is when I was thinking that I reaally wish I had been running more lately. So Im sprinting after my car saying, "No No nononononononoo pppllllleasseee stoop!!" And its headed towards a big tall sign and around the sign are a bunch of bars. Bars like the ones you hop over at movie theatres... ya know. For a second in my head I was thinking.." I can make it ! Im almost there." But here the sad part... I wasnt fast enough and my car smashes into these poles. SOOO SAADDDD! I just start whinning out looud and saying "Noooooooooooooooo." Once I looked at it to inspect the damage, it was real bad news. This was no minor bump, its a complete squash. I might as well have been hit by a Semi.. definitley exaggerating but, not.
So Im pretty darn distraught at this point and my friends had left so there was no one to vent to but my Number One Listener, my Mother. Bless her heart, poor lady has to listen to me whine more than any person on this earth has ever heard me whine. She was definitley the listener in this conversation because I just started going off about everything. Almost expecting her to get upset that I dont have a brain. Instead she just played the card of.. "I have no idea how to react so Im going to be the silent type." By the end of the conversation I realized it sounds like Im having a nervous breakdown cause I was kind of crying, realizing that in those very few minutes I just lost a good bunch of money ever coming out of that car when I sell it. The darn trunk wont even shut now, which is another story.. Just one with more yelling and whinning and screaming "Nooo..." after I merely just wanted to test it and see if it opened still. Crazy thing is... in the middle of all this mess I realized that it is just a material thing. This is such a short part of my life and it doesnt matter. Im so thankful I have been raised to realize the more important things in life.
I drove all the way home with a complete blank stare cause I was still in shock but in my head I was laughing at the sitaution. I just could make my face express what was going on inside my head. I didnt mention that there was a group of people all standing outside of Applebees. As I was running after my empty car I could hear them laughing. I was too busy to see if they were laughing at me, but seriously I really hope someone saw cause it was worth seeing. I think I could have died happy being an onlooker on such a situation. I wish my life was recorded because this moment would have definitley been youtube's new No. 1 video.
Oh how I wish I had a brain, hopefully God will bless me with one sometime in the future.

*Pictures of the destruction will be added soon*

2 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh Genny. {{{sigh}}} I'm so sorry. Tell you what, you're not a lot more brain-dead than I am. So you're in good company. :) Also, the good Lord doesn't every bless you with more brains in your head than what you have now . . . sadly, that's just the way it works. --- What he does give you is a husband that has more. It's a lovely formula. :) I'm so so sorry about your car. Maybe Heavenly Father is helping you learn how to be happy with not having everything you want. :)

Dave & Monica said...

Genny, dont worry. I grew my brain when I was like 17, I just woke up with one, it was amazing. So...I guess you are just a few years behind me, but according to Dr. Phil the last part of your brain develops when you are 21-22. You still have 6 months!!!!!