Monday, November 17, 2008

Poor Ariel (my car)...


So the unfortunate happened. I got in an accident. First ever. This is a special year..first time Ive ever broken something (my foot) and first time Ive ever been in an accident. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to be extra careful for the next month. :)
Its a pretty big deal, my car is gone but suprisingly I dont have any regrets. Yes I could have been going slower and yes I could have been more attentive. But things happened in the best of the worst ways. It was rush hour traffic and everyone started slamming on their breaks. The person in front of me slammed on their brakes and swerved a little into the HOV lane. I slammed on my breaks but I was pretty sure I wasnt going to make it so I saw the open space in the HOV lane and switched lanes. I didnt see the truck in that lane so he hit the drivers side back corner. I dont remember what happened but when it was all over I found myself thinking "What the heck am I doing in the passengers seat?!" I like to say that me not wearing my seatbelt was actually a positive thing cause I could have gotten wiplash opposed to the few scrapes and bruises I got... who wants wiplash?? JK. But I got the ticket cause I cant deny even though it wasnt really something stupid I did, it was my fault. Meaning no extra money for me but oh well. Something that is crazy is even though we know we should be in shock after the accident and we deny that we are. It wasnt till the next day that I really realized how gone I really was. I thought it was interesting because I kept asking people if it was cold cause I was shaking so bad. Its crazy that I wasnt attentive enough to actually pay attention to what my own senses were telling me. It really was super cold! I also was so not attentive to probably how crazy I looked. I had been wearing a tank top and a scarf when I left my apartment so after I got hit I dug through my laundry basket and found the cleanest clothes which didnt really go that well together. haha. One of the most interesting things to me in constantly finding out new ways our mind works.
Poor Ariel. I miss her so much, busses are a joke! Ive never had to deal with not having a car since I started driving when I was 16. But hey now I see some people actually alot more cause I get rides. People are so sweet to help me out. It makes me very appreciative. I still feel like I should see my car again so thats a weird thought. Hopefully I can work something out to get a car soon when I finish this semester.
Im still in the process of selling my contract. Hopefully I can have luck with that cause it will be much easier to save up money if I am not paying for rent as well. We'll see where life takes me.. Im almost considering moving home but it would be hard to leave Provo and all my good friends here. I just have to be patient to see where life takes me and pray that I will end up being where is best for me.
A few days later a bunch of us were at Schmutz's (my cousins) and sitting around talking. Ben (my brother) was telling all of us about his MANY crazy times while driving. Falling asleep, sliding backwards on a road (for a few examples) and my Mom said "There is a reason I say my prayers." There really is! Gosh we are so guarded by angels constantly! I have to say that sometimes I think I hog them all. :) Its so important that we pray for safety. We are so watched over!!

1 comment:

Perry's said...

You are so lucky. you are being watched by many angels. I am so glad you are ok. I don't know what we would do without you. You are so loved